TEML is a growth-oriented, profitable, midstream oil and gas company. We are a people-centered company that develops, implements, and supports midstream solutions. In doing so, we continue to attract, develop and challenge the best people.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume for an available opportunity of interest. To view all current employment opportunities, please click on the link below and you will be directed to our Career Centre.
Engineer in Training
Job Location: Estevan, SK
Position Type: Temporary
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the daily activities necessary to manage pipeline integrity threats, plan, develop and provide technical support of pipeline integrity projects, and support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the TEML Integrity Management Program.
- Actively manage, through hazard identification, risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies, assigned sub-programs under the TEML Integrity Management Program, which may include: Pipeline Inspection and Repair, External Corrosion Control, Internal Corrosion Control, Crack Management, Geohazard Management, Pipeline Depth Monitoring and Non-Piggable Pipeline Management.
- Review, maintain and continuously improve documentation associated with assigned sub-programs; monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop the annual budgets and long-range Pipeline Integrity Management Plans necessary to comply with the TEML Integrity Management Program.
- Provide clear and concise communication of the requirements associated with pipeline integrity activities.
- Provide timely technical support and analysis necessary to support operational or project execution issues.
- Manage changes to Integrity Management Programs or Plans, and ensure such changes are clearly and concisely communicated and approved in accordance with TEML Management of Change processes.
- Complete quality assurance activities in support of the maintenance and continuous improvement of the TEML Integrity Management Program.
- Provide emergency response support as required, and support investigation of loss of containment events.
Skills and Qualifications
- Engineering Degree
- Eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training in Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that can be used to make confident decisions
- Previous engineering or project management experience related to pipeline integrity and operations is preferred
- Familiarity with CSA Z662, the National Energy Board Onshore Pipeline Regulations, and Saskatchewan and Manitoba Provincial legislation would be considered an asset
- NACE, API, CSA and other related courses is preferred
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted, please submit your resume to careers [at] teml [dot] com